Department of Community Development
- Rural/Community Development
- Collects and collates data on rural and community development for input into policy
- Provides strategic support for rural and community development education centres.
- Facilitates the Formulation, coordination and monitoring of rural development policy; Improves the quality of life in rural areas; Encourages diversification of the rural economy; Supports community-driven small scale rural infrastructure, market accessibility and employment and income generation for the rural poor.
- Coordinates rural development programmes (to avoid wasteful competition and costly duplication)
- Coordinates implementation of rural development by MMDAs, MDAs and other actors.
Climate Chance Summit - Africa, 2019
Sept. 30, 2019
Share this page