Office of the Head of Local Government Service
Local Government Service
The objective of the service is to secure the effective administration and management of local government in the country.
The functions of the service according to Act 656 are to:
- Provide technical assistance to District Assemblies, and Regional Coordinating Councils to enable the District Assemblies and the Regional Coordinating Councils effectively perform their functions and discharge their duties in accordance with the Constitution and the Local Government Act, 1993 (Act 462);
- Conduct organisational and job analysis for the Regional Coordinating Councils and the District Assemblies;
- Conduct management audits for Regional Coordinating Councils and District Assemblies in order to improve the overall management of the Service;
- Design and co-ordinate management systems and processes for Regional Co-ordinating Councils and District Assemblies;
- Assist the Regional Coordinating Councils and the District Assemblies in the performance of their functions under the Local Government Act, 1993, (Act 462), the National Development Planning (Systems) Act, 1994, (Act 480) and under any other enactment;
- Perform such other functions incidental or conducive to the achievement of the objects of this Act.
Climate Chance Summit - Africa, 2019
Sept. 30, 2019