The Ghana Productive Safety Net Project (GPSNP) is a successor project to the Ghana Social Opportunities Project (GSOP)
Project Development Objective:
The Ghana Productive Safety Net Project (GPSNP) aims to:
- strengthen safety net systems in Ghana
- improve the productivity of the poor
- build on flagship SP programs of Government to enhance their effectiveness- e.g. LEAP, LIPW etc
It will further:
Strengthen safety net systems that improve the productivity of the extreme poor in Ghana, particularly to:
- increase social protection services to citizens
- provide tailored support to the poorest households
- address the demand-side constraints to accessing services and strengthen productivity of the poor.
- provide dedicated and coordinated support to poor households to access agricultural support, and strengthen their financial literacy and savings
- enable Government consolidate the social protection sector by strengthening an SP system, that is functional, well coordinated and anchored at the community level.